Centre of Diploma Studies (CDS or PPD) was formally established on 1 April 2006 and placed under the Department of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic & International). In line with the Ministry of Higher Education to UCD offers diploma from the 2006/2007 Academic Session. Proposals for 6 Engineering Diploma program has been completed and has been discussed, agreed upon and approved at the Council School, Academic Planning Committee (JPA), the Senate, the Board of Directors (BOD), Board of Studies of the University and the Ministry of Higher Education.
Below are the important dates of the approval of these programs:
i. Senate University : December 9, 2005
ii. Board of Directors University : December 12, 2005
iii. Board of University Studies : December 29, 2005
iv. Ministry of Higher Education: 6 April 2006
The Diploma Programs were approved and offered for the first time are as follows:
- Diploma in Engineering (Electrical Systems Engineering)
- Diploma of Engineering (Microelectronic Engineering)
- Diploma in Engineering (Computer Engineering)
- Diploma of Engineering (Mechatronics Engineering)
- Diploma of Engineering (Metallurgical Engineering)
- Diploma of Engineering (Manufacturing Engineering)
The rationale through the establishment, CDS will be better able propel diploma programs of the university in addition to providing a wider opportunity for the students to continue their studies at degree level and beyond to meet the aspirations of countries in increasing the number of first class human capital.